Moving around the city - Tourism in Vitoria-Gasteiz
Parking your car when you arrive in the city
You may choose from underground car parks, surface car parks, dissuasive parking lots (easy access to public transport for easy access to the city centre) and a parking area for campers.
- Regulation of OTA surface pay and display parking lots: rules, areas and fees.
- Only residents may park in the medieval quarters.
The best way to get around the city
A good way to discover the city and the Green belt is by bike. As the area is mostly flat (except for the Medieval Quarter, which is on a hill), the city is the ideal place for getting around and following routes on your bike. There are currently more than 160 km of bike paths.
- Plan of cycling lanes
- You can also rent a bike.
More information about moving around the city by bike | Biking and Mountain Biking - Tourism in Vitoria-Gasteiz.
The current network has two lines: Ibaiondo-Unibertsitatea and Abetxuko-Florida. Before getting on a tram, buy a ticket at one of the ticket machines (tickets expire after 50 minutes).
More information on how to get around by tram.
The municipal bus network offers the following services:
- Daytime service, with a frequency of every 10 minutes
- Night service (Gautxori): bus lines during night hours that operate on Fridays, Saturdays and holiday eves, every 30 minutes.
- BEI (Smart Electric Bus), with a frequency of every 7 minutes. More information about the BEI.
- Special lines: special service to Buesa Arena Pavilion for Baskonia matches (ACB Basketball League), special service to Mendizorrotza Pavilion Alavés sports matches (Division One football), special service to the Foronda Airport,...
VGbus: online system to offer real-time information on the bus passage for each stop. Access to VGBus.
More information about moving by bus
Public transport cards
- Information on public transport cards.
- BAT NFC, app for consulting and recharging the credit of the BAT card.
Other means of transport
Check the information on taxis or, if you are travelling to the outskirts of the city, on intercity buses, trains...
Information on other means of transport.
If the information on the page does not match your information requirements, please apply via the Citizens' mailbox.