Vertical garden and terrace of the Europa Congress Palace - Tourism in Vitoria-Gasteiz
The Europa Congress Palace has become an icon of sustainable architecture. It was the first conference building in Spain to attain the Passivhaus XXL certification and features a large vegetal façade and a rooftop with views of the city's inner Green Belt.
Since its last comprehensive refurbishment, the façade of the Palace has a vertical garden that covers almost 1,500 square metres, with over 33,000 different species of plants from Álava and the Basque Country. This vegetal façade has improved the building's thermal and acoustic insulation, reducing its energy consumption.
The rooftop terrace offers views over the green urban passage of the Avenida Gasteiz. You can also enjoy a fragrant garden there, included in the itinerary of the building's guided tours.
How to get there
Avenida Gasteiz, 85, 01009 Vitoria-Gasteiz, Álava.
- By bicycle: consult the bicycle lanes to get there and more information on getting around by bike.
- By tram: Abetxuko and Ibaiondo lines - Stop: Europa.
- By bus: lines 1, 5 and 8 - Stop: Europa.
More information and contact
- Website of the Europa Congress Palace
- Brochure 'The nature of Vitoria on the façade of Europa'
- Brochure 'Vertical garden'
- Telephone: +34 945 161 598
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Address: Plaza España, 1, 01005 Vitoria-Gasteiz, Álava
Europa Palace Congress Centre:
- Telephone: +34 945 16 15 20
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Avenida Gasteiz, 85, 01009 Vitoria-Gasteiz, Álava.
If the information on the page does not match your information requirements, please apply via the Citizens' mailbox.