Church of San Miguel Arcángel - Tourism in Vitoria-Gasteiz
It is the oldest known temple, given that it is cited in 1181, when jurisdiction was granted to the town of Vitoria. The Chapel of the Virgen Blanca, the city’s patron saint, is not to be missed, over which a polychrome carving from the mid 19th century presides.
- The main altarpiece, declared a monument in 1999. The sculptural work of Gregorio Fernández, from the Valladolid baroque school.
- Chapel of the Virgen Blanca. Patron Saint of Vitoria
- With balconies overlooking the Plaza de la Virgen Blanca and a niche (a copy, the original sculpture is in the Diocesan Sacred Art Museum) and sculpture of Celedón. The city’s festivals.
Plaza de la Virgen Blanca, s/n, 01001 Vitoria-Gasteiz. View with Google Maps.
Virtual tour 360º
Visits and further information
More information about guided tours at the Tourist Office.
- Church of San Miguel Arcángel brochure
- Plaza de la Virgen Blanca s/n, 01001 Vitoria-Gasteiz. View with Google Maps
If the information on the page does not match your information requirements, please apply via the Citizens' mailbox.