Church of San Vicente Mártir - Tourism in Vitoria-Gasteiz
This was the last temple to be built in the old quarter. It was constructed on the old fortress of San Vicente, which defended the south-eastern side of the town. It is the only example in Alavés of an open plan church. Some traces of its fortified past still exist today in remains from the ring passage..
- Climb the tower and take a sheltered stroll over vaults. Splendid beam carpentry (the same system that was used in the construction of boats).
- Holy Week processions, especially the Holy Sepulchre which is silver-plated.
- Chapel of the Virgen Milagrosa .
- Capilla de la Virgen Milagrosa.
- Keystones featuring Saints on the choir loft.
Cuesta de San Vicente, 4, 01001 -Vitoria-Gasteiz.
Visits and further information
The Tourist Office organises guided tours in this temple.
Your opinion matters to us
If you prefer, you can send usyour comments. You need to login.