Awards and Certifications
The Europa Congress Palace, opened in 1989 and refurbished in 2012, is the doyen of conference centres in the Basque Country. It is a member of the Spain Convention Bureau since 1992 and a founding member of Spain's National Association of Conference Centres.
The conference centre's experience and professionalism, as well as the refurbishment of the building, have been recognised with several prizes and certifications, such as:
- SICTED (Integrated System for Touristic Quality by Destination).
- The Passivhaus Certificate, the first to be given to a building in Spain (2017).
- The 2016 LEED Gold Certification (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design), within the Building Design and Construction (CD+C) category.
- A mention at the 2016 ACI Awards of the Association of Real Estate Consultants of Spain, in the Social Contribution category.
- The 2015 Sustainable Building Prize for the refurbishment of the building.
- The 1999 annual OPC Spain Award, in the Congress Centre category.
Your opinion matters to us
If you prefer, you can send usyour comments.
You need to login.