Green city - Tourism in Vitoria-Gasteiz
Vitoria-Gasteiz recognises and defends the importance of conserving Nature and the ecosystem services it offers us: clean water production, climate regulation through woodlands, pollination... They are the basis of our health, our economy and our quality of life.
In adittion, the city promotes the 17 Sustainable Development Goals set out in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Global Code of Ethics for Tourism of the World Tourism Organization, and the World Charter for Sustainable Tourism ST+20.
Did you know that...?
- The city boasts 42 square metres of green zones per person.
- With 171km of cycle lanes, Vitoria-Gasteiz is the second best city in the country for cyclist mobility.
- This place is full of trails where you can both lose and find yourself, with the La Senda Path, and its history dating back over more than 100 years, leading the way.
- The distance from a green zone for any given person is a maximum of 2.5 minutes on foot.
- Vitoria-Gasteiz has more than 115,000 trees from some 285 different species and varieties.
- There are 330 species and varieties of bush, with more than half of them being native species.
- The city is a refuge for globally-threatened species such as the European mink and the aquatic warbler.
If you are looking for a city in which you can enjoy nature and learn about sustainability, don't miss the Green Belt (Anillo Verde) and, in particular, Salburua Park and Ataria. You can also wander through urban parks and take part in sustainability-themed activities, such as guided tours or bird watching, in the city or in Álava.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSZR9a4RwSw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKwb3y-N1dc
If the information on the page does not match your information requirements, please apply via the Citizens' mailbox.