Vitoria-Gasteiz Film Office - Tax Incentives & Grants
30% tax credit on the investment in audiovisual productions. 40% on those in Basque language
Those investments in Spanish productions involving feature films and audiovisual fiction series, animation or documentaries, which lead to the creation of a physical medium prior to their industrial production in series, shall entitle the producer to a 30% tax rebate, or 40% on those productions in Basque as original language.
The sum used for calculating the rebate shall be the cost of the production, as well as the expenses incurred for making copies and the advertising and promotion costs paid by the producer up to a limit in both cases of 40% of the production cost.
In order to apply the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, it is required that:
- At least, 50% of the basis of the deduction will correspond to expenses incurred in the Basque Country.
- The contribution of the producer must involve a Basque technical and artistic participation of at least 4 people.
- Productions must have a minimum of 2 weeks of shooting in the Basque Country.
- The amount of this deduction may not exceed 2.5 million euros for each production carried out.
25% tax rebate for foreign productions
Producers registered in the Film Companies Register of the Ministry os Sports and Culture who are in charge of the execution of a foreign production of feature films or audiovisual works that enable the creation of a physical medium prior to their serial industrial production, shall entitle the producer to a 25% deduction of the expenses incurred in the Basque Country, provided that the expenditure incurred in Álava shall be, at least, 500.000 euros.
Further information Alava's Official Gazette nº149 (p. 21-24) .
Financial support and grants
Vitoria-Gasteiz City Council
- Subsidies for the development and production of audiovisual projects and script-writing 2022 Closed call
Álava/Araba Provincial Council
- Audiovisual financial aids
Spanish Ministry of Sports and Culture
- EUROPA CREATIVA DESK MEDIA EUSKADI. Support programme for the European cultural and audiovisual sectors.
- EURIMAGES - European Cinema Support Funds. Funds from the Council of Europe for the promotion of the European audiovisual industry through financial support for feature films, animated films and documentaries.
- IBERMEDIA. Economic aids for the creation and co-production in audiovisual productions in the Ibero-American context.
Your opinion matters to us
If you prefer, you can send usyour comments.
You need to login.