Vitoria-Gasteiz Film Office - Tax Incentives & Grants
30% tax rebate on the investment in audiovisual productions. 40% on those in Basque language
Those investments in Spanish productions involving feature films and audiovisual fiction series, animation or documentaries, which lead to the creation of a physical medium prior to their industrial production in series, shall entitle the producer to a 30% tax rebate, or 40% on those productions in Basque as original language.
The sum used for calculating the rebate shall be the cost of the production, as well as the expenses incurred for making copies and the advertising and promotion costs paid by the producer up to a limit in both cases of 40% of the production cost.
In order to apply the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, it is required that, at least, 50% of the basis of the deduction will correspond to expenses incurred in the territory of Álava. The amount of this deduction may not exceed three million euros for each production carried out.
15% tax rebate for foreign productions
Producers registered in the ICAA's Film and Audiovisual Companies Register or in its case, in that one that can be created as a Register of the Basque Government who are in charge of executing a foreign production of feature films or audiovisual productions leading to the creation of a physical medium prior to their industrial production in series, shall entitle the producer to a 15% deduction of the expenses incurred in the territory of Álava, provided that the expenditure incurred in Álava shall be, at least, one million euros.
Further information BOTHA 30/12/2016 (p. 70-71) . (p. 70-71)
Financial support and grants
Vitoria-Gasteiz City Council
Álava/Araba Provincial Council
Audiovisual financial aids
- Subsidies for cultural creation (2019): screenplays OPEN CALL.
- Subsidies for audiovisual development and production: creative documentaries.
- Subsidies for audiovisual development and production: animated feature films.
- Subsidies for audiovisual development and production: fiction feature films
- Subsidies for audiovisual development and production: low-budget fiction feature films
- Subsidies for audiovisual development and production: short films production.
- Subsidies for the development of audiovisual projects.
Creative and cultural industry
- IKERTU (2019): Subsidies for cultural creation: creative processes aimed at the preliminary design of projects and prototypes.
- BITARTEZ 2019: Subsidies for projects of mediation, cultural and social innovation.
- SORGUNE 2019: Subsidies for independent cultural spaces that support creative practices.
- Subsidies for the organisation of festivals, seasons, competitions, contests and unique cultural actions (2018).
- 'Zinema Euskaraz' programme: economic aids aimed at promoting Basque films premieres in alternative cinemas and circuits.
- Subsidies to access to cinemas and for the promotion and advertising of audiovisual productions
- Subsidies for the promotion and advertising of animated and fiction feature films and creative documentaries (2019) OPEN CALL
- Kimuak: Annual selection of short films made in the Basque Country, gathered and sent to the major festivals and audiovisual events. Information about Kimuak programme.
Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. Cinema and Audiovisuals
- EUROPA CREATIVA DESK MEDIA. Support programme for the European cultural and audiovisual sectors.
- EURIMAGES - European Cinema Support Funds. Funds from the Council of Europe for the promotion of the European audiovisual industry through financial support for feature films, animated films and documentaries.
- IBERMEDIA. Economic aids for the creation and co-production in audiovisual productions in the Ibero-American context.
Your opinion matters to us
If you prefer, you can send usyour comments.
You need to login.