Going out - Tourism in Vitoria-Gasteiz
- Try “txikiteo” (or poteo): a common custom all over the Basque Country, which consists in standing and drinking small amounts of wine (txikitos) or beer (zuritos), with your friends, and changing bars every now and again.
- Go to the Medieval Quarter at any time during the weekend and take in the crowds and the surroundings, especially if it’s a nice day.
- Taste the perfect mixed drink or a craft beer in the specialised bars that we have in the city (in Calle Pintorería, or “la Pinto”, for example).
- Enjoy the “terraceo” (visiting terraces) and the pleasant environment in the Plaza España or the Plaza de la Virgen Blanca.
- On Thursdays, get involved in the university and Erasmus atmosphere in the Medieval Quarter. Beforehand, you can do the “pintxo-pote” (pintxo and a drink) route in many areas and districts.
- Walk through the Almond Market if your visit coincides with the first Saturday of the month in the morning.
Places to go out at night
This is where the streets with the liveliest atmosphere are located, especially la Cuesta, la Cuchillería (“la Kutxi”), la Pintorería (“la Pinto”) and la Zapatería (“la Zapa”). You’ll find a wide variety of bars, pubs and nightclubs with a great atmosphere.
If you prefer going to designer bars or pubs which are quieter, head for the pedestrian areas of the city centre. In the streets of Dato, San Prudencio, San Antonio, Mateo Moraza, Plaza España and Plaza de la Virgen Blanca you’ll find modern pubs, bars and nightclubs.
Concert halls and nightclubs
- Pure rock music at Hell Dorado
- Concerts, monologues and DJ’s at Jimmy JazzMusic, art, events and art in one place at The Garage Gasteiz, an innovative idea that has become a business.
- Nightclubs and concert halls Kubik, Le Coup, Mítika, Glow and Sala Urban Rock Concept.
- Big concert halls: Buesa Arena, Iradier Arena.
The districts of Judimendi, Lakua, Salburua or Zabalgana are young districts with night life and “poteo” routes.
If the information on the page does not match your information requirements, please apply via the Citizens' mailbox.