Biking and Mountain Biking - Tourism in Vitoria-Gasteiz
Vitoria-Gasteiz is the city of the bike. As the area is mostly flat (except for the Medieval Quarter, which is on a hill), the city is the ideal place for getting around and following routes on your bike. And not only in the city, the green belt that envelops the city and the nearby surroundings have a multitude of routes that can be used to enjoy this sport.
- Bicycle rental in the city.
- Plan of cycling lanes in Vitoria-Gastei.
- Advice for riding your bike on the city roads.
- Network of safe parking for bicycles.
- Traffic regulations for bicycles in the city.
- Vitoria-Gasteiz gravel land
- Ullibarri-Gamboa reservoir green route: from the city, using the cycling lanes, the nearby provincial parks of Garaio and Landa can be accessed, where a route enables you to ride your bike around practically the whole of the Ullibarri-Gamboa reservoir . There’s also a bicycle rental point in Garaio.
- Great cycling route through Llanada Alavesa. The Grand Tour Cycling Route is the result of the combination of stretches of different routes which criss-cross and weave their way throughout Álava. You can rent a electric bike, look up the list of the different options. More information.
Rides through Álava
Here are some suggested routes to get to know the province of Álava by bike. Each one has a practical information sheet that you can print out (pdf. format):
- The Peña Betoño Track
- Towards the north along the Basque-Navarrese Railway.
- Towards the Alava mountains and the Estíbaliz Sanctuary
- St. James's Way: an alternative route
- Through the Alava mountains
- Valderejo Natural Park
- Gorbeia Natural Park
- Izki Natural Park
- Salinas de Añana
- The pool complex of Laguardia
- At the edges of the plains
- From the bank of the Zadorra to the Salburua Wetlands
Further information at www.alavaturismo.eus
Your opinion matters to us
If you prefer, you can send usyour comments. You need to login.