Family tourism - Tourism in Vitoria-Gasteiz
Vitoria-Gasteiz is the ideal place to visit with children. We have an interactive interpretation centre where little ones and adults can make the most of nature. And if history is your thing, we have children's trips so that you can explore the city in a fun way.
- Check out all the family-centred activities in the children's programme.
- ''Family tourism'' three-part brochure .
- Family tourism map
To see the city...
- Family-centred guided visits. Enjoy the prettiest spots in Vitoria-Gasteiz.
To enjoy nature and sport...
- If what you like is nature come to Ataria, the Salburua Wetlands Interpretation Centre.
- In the parks of Garaio and Landa you will find bathing and play areas. There are also open-air and indoor swimming pools within the city at Mendizorroza and Gamarra. Check out the information about the summer season.
- You can also hire bikes, to see the city in a different way.
- If you fancy some skating the city boasts a magnificent ice rink at the Baskonia Sports Centre (BAKH).
- And if you want to find out more about agriculture and livestock, you can visit the Farm School at Casa Rural Los Huetos or Arkaia Farm.
To discover history...
- Santa Maria Cathedral and its restauration work. Put on a hard hat and follow the cathedral guides on a journey through history.
- 11th Century City Wall. Making us feel like we are in a medieval tale.
More information and booking: www.catedralvitoria.eus/en
To get closer to art...
- The Artium Museum of Contemporary Art offers a number of activities and family-centred guided tours.
- BIBAT Museum: a renaissance palace and a modern building offering the double museum experience: one for Archaeology and one for Playing Cards, with one of the best collection of cards in the world.
- The programme at the Teatro Principal theatre always includes suggestions for all the family.
To take a break...
- Pirate ship, in the Lakua district. A 33-metre-long ship full of games, to let your imagination go wild.
- City parks and gardens , with children's play areas.
- "The terrace route": places located in pedestrian areas or parks where mums and dads can peacefully have something to eat or drink while the children play nearby.
Video: A city for the whole family
If the information on the page does not match your information requirements, please apply via the Citizens' mailbox.