Family tourism - Tourism in Vitoria-Gasteiz
Vitoria-Gasteiz is the ideal place to visit with children. We have an interactive interpretation centre where little ones and adults can make the most of nature. And if history is your thing, we have children's trips so that you can explore the city in a fun way.
- Check out all the family-centred activities in the children's programme.
- ''Family tourism'' three-part brochure .
To know the city and its history...
- Family-centred guided visits. Enjoy the prettiest spots in Vitoria-Gasteiz.
- Santa Maria Cathedral and its restauration work. Put on a hard hat and follow the cathedral guides on a journey through history.
- 11th Century City Wall. Making us feel like we are in a medieval tale.
To enjoy nature and sport...
- If what you like is nature come to Ataria, the Salburua Wetlands Interpretation Centre.
- In the parks of Garaio and Landa you will find bathing and play areas. There are also open-air and indoor swimming pools within the city at Mendizorroza and Gamarra. Check out the information about the summer season.
- You can also hire bikes, to see the city in a different way.
- If you fancy some skating the city boasts a magnificent ice rink at the Baskonia Sports Centre (BAKH).
- And if you want to find out more about agriculture and livestock, you can visit the Farm School at Casa Rural Los Huetos or Arkaia Farm.
To get closer to art...
- The Artium Museum of Contemporary Art offers a number of activities and family-centred guided tours.
- Armory Museum has a collection of weapons from different eras as well as from different locations around the world.
- BIBAT Museum: a renaissance palace and a modern building offering the double museum experience: one for Archaeology and one for Playing Cards, with one of the best collection of cards in the world.
- Natural Sciences Museum in the Tower of Doña Otxanda. Botanical, palaeontological, mineral and zoological collections.
- The programme at the Teatro Principal theatre always includes suggestions for all the family.
Activities and guided tours for families
- Guided tours for familiesOn Saturdays, some of the museums offer different guided tours for families. More precisely, the musuems are: BIBAT, Natural Science and Armory museums.Duration: 1hour 30 min.
- Celebrate your Birthday at the musuem!A unique experience to celebrate your Birthday. BIBAT, Natural Science and Armory museums give you the chance to celebrate your special day in them. Ages: from 5 to 10.
- Christmas program at the museums.During that time of the year, some of the museums in the city offer different activities for families and children. Ages: from 5 to 11.
- Summer program at the museums. All along the month of July, Vitoria's musuems get together to offer different activies for the little ones. You can take part in all kind of activities and guided tours in the museums.Ages: from 5 to 11.
More information: the official web pages of the museums and the following link.
To take a break...
- Pirate ship, in the Lakua district. A 33-metre-long ship full of games, to let your imagination go wild.
- City parks and gardens , with children's play areas.
- "The terrace route": places located in pedestrian areas or parks where mums and dads can peacefully have something to eat or drink while the children play nearby.
Video: A city for the whole familyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ye2ak6Ah3s
If the information on the page does not match your information requirements, please apply via the Citizens' mailbox.