St. James's Way - Tourism in Vitoria-Gasteiz
The pilgrimage to Santiago via Vitoria-Gasteiz became very popular in the Middle Ages as an alternative to the French way. This route is currently known as part of the Inland Basque Way, a route which connects Irún to Burgos or Santo Domingo de la Calzada and along which stopping off in Vitoria is a must.
- Strolling along the St James’s urban route, discovering hospitals, churches etc.
- Ensuring that one of the stages of the St. James's Way is in Álava.
- Find the Peregrin@ statue in the Etxanobe Gardens, sculpted in the trunk of a giant sequoia.
- Beholding the medieval imagery of the portico in the Basilica of San Prudencio in Armentia.
- Taking leave of the city along the Paseo del Peregrino.
Asociación de Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Álava
- C/ Zapatería, 85 – bajo. 01001 Vitoria-Gasteiz (Álava)
- Telephone: 945 144 794 / 609 472 446
- Opening hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
If the information on the page does not match your information requirements, please apply via the Citizens' mailbox.