Sustainable Tourism - Tips for visitors
Welcome to Vitoria-Gasteiz, European Green Capital 2012 and sustainable tourist destination. Do you want to be a responsible visitor? We know the answer to that: Yes! And we would like to make a few suggestions:
Before your visit
- Search for information about us: history, traditions, culture, nature, heritage, customs, gastronomy, etc. to make the most of your trip!
- Prioritize the most sustainable means of transport to come.
- Whenever you can, choose tour operators, transport companies, accommodation, guides, etc. that are committed to the environment.
During your visit
- Use local resources, that way you contribute to the continuity of small businesses such as shops, restaurants, etc., and, of course, local guides, for the best experience possible.
- Have a walk around the city, take a bicycle or use our public transport network. You will reduce the carbon footprint of your trip, and gain comfort and peace of mind!.
- In Vitoria-Gasteiz, and anywhere else on the planet, think when using natural resources such as water and electricity.
- While you are here, this will be your home. Try to reduce waste to a minimum, and, when you have to throw something away, use the resources that the city provides for recycling.
- Just 2 km from the centre there are ecosystems that need a special attitude of respect toward plant and animal life. Make sure the only traces you leave are your footprints.
After your visit
If something has gone wrong, tell us about it, help us to improve. And if there has been something you have especially liked, share your experience with other people, invite them to get to know Vitoria-Gasteiz.
If the information on the page does not match your information requirements, please apply via the Citizens' mailbox.