How to get here - Tourism in Vitoria-Gasteiz
Today, Vitoria-Gasteiz boasts major communications and road, rail and air transport infrastructures, with fast connections with the rest of Spain and Europe.
Vitoria-Gasteiz stands in the middle of the Llanada Alavesa, on the road that joins Madrid to the rest of Europe, via the N-1 highway. The city is less than an hour from Bilbao, one hour from Pamplona, two hours from Santander, three hours from Zaragoza and less than four hours from Madrid.
- Information on traffic and road conditions (General direction of traffic).
- Parking and getting around the city.
- Motorhome Park (Lakua)
If you choose the bus, here are the adresses and telephones of the different bus companies and all the information about the Vitoria-Gasteiz Bus Station. To move around the province there is the Álava bus service.
You can also seek and buy online bus tickets using Movelia platform.
Vitoria Airport (VIT)
Vitoria airport (VIT) is located 8 km. from Vitoria-Gasteiz, in a privileged location that allows you to reach Bilbao in 45 minutes (58 km.) and the region of Rioja Alavesa and cities like Hondarribia (121 km.) or San Sebastián (116 km.) in just over one hour. Also known as the Foronda Airport, well-known since 1994 for its high volume of freight traffic.
- Connections: regular passenger lines that connect with the airports of Seville, Málaga, Palma de Mallorca, Alicante, Brussels (Charleroi), Milan-Bergamo (from May) and Cologne-Bonn with the airline Ryanair, and with the Canary Islands (Las Palmas direct, and the rest of the islands with a connection) with the airline Binter. More information: www.vitoriateconecta.com
- Bus service: connects the airport with the city. More information on special buses to the airport.
- Radio Taxi Service: telephone [[telephone: 945 27 35 00]].
- Parking: located just a few metres from the terminal. It's an unsupervised, free car park and bus car park.
- Tourist Office: the airport has an office to provide visitors with information.
Practical guide with more information on the bus, taxi and parking service at the airport: [[file:92791.pdf Spanish]] | [[file:92792.pdf English]] | [[file:92793.pdf German]] | [[file:92794.pdf Italian]]
Loiu airport (Bilbao)
If you arrive at Bilbao airport you can take the urban bus service (Bizkaibus) that takes you to the central Bus Station, and from there the journey to Vitoria-Gasteiz takes less than one hour.
If the information on the page does not match your information requirements, please apply via the Citizens' mailbox.