Exceptional measures against COVID-19
News about the measures taken and initiatives carried out. Consult previous in the section "Archive".
Summary of the exceptional measures to reduce the impact of COVID-19 by the city
(Update: April 6, 12:15)
Restrictions on movement, commercial activities and other issues.
Citizen Attention through the telephone 010
From Monday, March 16, the work of the Citizen Attention Offices will be centralized on the information telephone 010 (945 16 11 00) from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and Saturdays from 8 a.m. 00 to 14:00.
All the deadlines for processing administrative procedures (scholarships, grants, aid ...) are automatically extended, due to RD 463/2020. .
Those invoices that are NOT electronic can be sent digitized to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchase of niches and graves
Public transport and mobility
Special measures in the TUVISA service (new bus schedules from April 1 and rules of use) and in other urban transport (tram and main bus lines). Check measurements and times.
Retail food stores
Measures to mitigate the economic impact
Modification in the periods of payment of municipal taxes and fees. (Update 04/01/2020)
Measures adopted by the city council and other institutions to support companies, workers and professionals in autonomous regime. (Update 04/01/2020)
Documentation: Instructions, instance model and guide for electronic registration.
Basic Social Services
Attention of the Basic Social Services will be prioritized by telephone, maintaining face-to-face attention by appointment for those cases that require it. Previous appointments will necessarily be requested by phone.
Measures have been determined to be adopted in the area of reception centers for people in situations of residential exclusion so that the minimum safety distance between all the people who use them can be guaranteed.
Gender violence, support resources
The City Council reminds people at risk of sexist violence that maintains active care resources and calls on all citizens to become aware and share responsibility for what is happening in our environment, so that if you witness any situation of violence or homelessness, use is made of the resources and services available in the city.
The municipal resources that can be used in case of need are:
- Municipal Service of Social Emergencies (SMUS) 24h: 945 134 444
- Local Police 24h: 092
- Specialized Service for Women (SATEVI) managed by the Basque Government and operational throughout the CAPV 24h (free and does not leave a trace): 900 840 111 and email@example.com
The City Council has reinforced the strength of the Family Violence Unit during this period of confinement.
In addition, the City Council also remembers the contact telephone number of the Observatory against LGTBIphobia, Ikusgune: 633 309 653
In the Animal Protection Center, basic services for the care and welfare of animals will be maintained, but visits and adoptions will be suspended. Emergencies will only be handled through local police. Email firstname.lastname@example.org has been enabled for inquiries about animals. More information on animal care.
Osakidetza staff can use the Santa Barbara and Bus Station car parks free of charge. It is enough to identify yourself as Osakidetza personnel to avail yourself of this measure.
ARTIUM parking is free for staff working at CIAM San Prudencio, and also extends to the staff of the Los Arquillos Residence, Aurora Residence and the Quirón Clinic.
People who have their bicycle stored in one of the points of the VG BIZIZ network can keep it on the premises without being penalized.
Supplies and other services
AMVISA, the municipal company that manages water in the city, reports that it has been two weeks without executing water power cuts to individuals who have not paid their bills and is facilitating the reconnection to those people without service who have requested. More information on AMVISA's measures
Consult measures adopted by other entities (Etxebide, Iberdrola, Correos, Lanbide, DGT...).
During the health alert, the recycling space, Reciclagune, located in Gamarra, was closed. The Garbigune of Avenida de los Huetos on the contrary will remain open.
The street markets of Lakua and Simón Bolivar and the collecting markets are suspended. The Santa Barbara market remains.
The week of April 6, coinciding with a holiday Thursday, the market will be held on Wednesday and Saturday.
Return of tickets, registrations, fees
- The José Uruñuela Conservatory of Dance has planned an adjustment of 40% in the price of the service as a consequence of the impact that the suspension of normal educational activity has had. March and April receipts will account for 60% of the service.
- Closing of registration in activities and refund of fees in Civic Centers and Sports Facilities.
- Cancellation of shows on the theater network and refund of the tickets
- The amount of the receipt of the Infant Schools corresponding to the month of March that turns in April will be of a lower amount, when corresponding to the days in which the schools have remained open, of the 1 to 9 March both inclusive.
- The Basque Government has interrupted the deadlines of the process of admission of students for the course 2020-2021 in public and concerted centers.
- Postponed the registration for the Municipal Vacation Activities program.
Offer of courses and activities and other initiatives
- From the Education Service, it is provided through the IPACE Psychological Cabinet, psychological support and support to families in the education of their children. Features and access.
- The non-classroom training offer of employment consists of 250 online courses aimed at professional and specialized qualification in the entire range of sectors. The distance learning offer is wide and varied: computing, graphic design, commerce and marketing, hospitality and tourism, the environment or occupational risk prevention are just some of the categories to choose from.
- The staff of the municipal network of toy libraries, toy clubs and meeting rooms have created a blog with crafts, cooking, games and storytelling, among other ideas, for free access by families, especially boys and girls.
- The Municipal School of Music Luis Aramburu has left several online courses on Music Computing open to citizens.
Organized solidarity network - Guztion artean
The network is the instrument to lead the solidarity response of citizens who, on a voluntary basis, want to support asymptomatic people who cannot leave home and guarantee their protection: people over 70 and other vulnerable ones (the latter derived from the administration).
Telephone numbers for collecting requests for help and registering as volunteers:
More information about Guztion artean network
Recommendations and more information
In Alava, people with symptoms should call their health center by phone.
- Osakidetza website about the coronavirus.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS about the coronavirus, on the Osakidetza website.
- Royal Decree 463/2020, of March 14, declaring the state of alarm for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19 (pdf)
- Page of the Ministry of Health, Consumption and Social Welfare.
- Page of the World Health Organization.
What can I do to protect myself?
The recommendations that are made are:
- Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, or with soap and water.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or tissue. Throw the tissue away immediately and wash your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap and water.
- Keep a distance of at least a meter from people who cough, sneeze, and have a fever.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Increase cleaning of surfaces that come in contact with hands at home and in public places.
Likewise, it is recommended that those with fever or symptoms of acute respiratory infection do not attend collective events in closed rooms or visit institutions such as social health centers.
Municipal communications made to date.
Your opinion matters to us
If you prefer, you can send usyour comments.
You need to login.