Sanctuary of Our Lady of Estíbaliz - Romanesque Interpretation Centre - Tourism in Vitoria-Gasteiz
Sanctuary dedicated to Our Lady of Estíbaliz, the Patron Saint of Álava. It is a Romanesque work from the 12th century with Early Gothic elements, it has a Latin cross floor-layout which is divided between three naves and a chancel with three apses. On the 3rd of June, 1931, it was declared a Site of Cultural Interest. Next to the sanctuary, you can also visit the Álava Romanesque Interpretation Centre.
- Romanesque temple. South Façade (decorated jambs, shafts of the carved columns)
- Sculpture of the Patron Saint of Álava. 12th century
- Romanesque baptismal font.
- Festival in the fields on the 1st of May.
- Romanesque Interpretation Centre
Romanesque Interpretation Centre
- Opening times
- Saturdays from 5:00 to 7:00 pm.
- Sundays from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
- Romanesque Interpretation Centre - brochure
Visits and further information
- Guided tours every Saturday at 5:30 pm. Álava Medieval
- Location: Villafranca 2, Vitoria-Gasteiz. View with Google Maps
Virtual tour 360º
If the information on the page does not match your information requirements, please apply via the Citizens' mailbox.