Vitoria-Gasteiz Strategy for the Prevention of Climate Change 2006-2012
Vitoria-Gasteiz Strategy for the Prevention of Climate Change 2006-2012 (957 KB PDF) (es)
- Reduce approximately 60% of gas emissions during the first half of the 21st century to bring Vitoria-Gasteiz closer to a "carbon neutral" city. The Strategy is outlined in an Action Plan designed to reduce CO2 emissions by 300,000 tonnes by 2012.
- Specific aims: Raise public awareness about the impact of climate change, draw up an annual inventory of greenhouse gas emissions, propose measures to prevent the causes of climate change and adapt to the consequences, and come to agreement for their alleviation with external organisations.
- Reduce the greenhouse gas emissions from the activities in Vitoria-Gasteiz, including those of the City Council.
- Improve the energy efficiency of municipality activities and reduce the waste of natural resources.
- Increase the use of renewable resources and low carbon fuels
- Carry out an urban planning and sustainable building constructions.
- Balance unavoidable carbon emissions with new sustainable plantings that absorb the carbon produced.
Your opinion matters to us
If you prefer, you can send usyour comments.
You need to login.